Become a Community Champion
Do you want to make a difference for children in your community?
Make your impact as a community champion!
From lemonade stands to golf tournaments, a little creativity can go a long way in helping sick and injured kids. The Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba is grateful for the generous support of community members who #ContinueCaringForKids
No event is too big or too small, and they’re loads of fun! Celebrate a birthday, honour a loved one, or find fun ways to get together to help kids who need HSC Children’s Hospital.
Contact Paula Kreitz at email@example.com to discuss options that are right for you.
Check out the Foundation’s Community Events Toolkit for inspiration and some helpful tips.
How your company can help.
Giving your employees a common cause to support is a great way to build engagement and a spirit of community. There are many ways your company can make a significant impact for sick and injured kids who need HSC Children’s Hospital.
An amazing way to get involved with the Children’s Hospital Foundation and show your support to the community is to become a sponsor at one of the Foundation’s signature events. To learn about the benefits of event sponsorship or to become an event sponsor contact Angela Caron at firstname.lastname@example.org
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees.
Employee giving program
Workplace giving campaigns are fantastic for increasing employee engagement and can enhance perception of your organization not only by the public, but also by your employees.
- Employee payroll deductions are an easy way for employees to make a positive impact on their community. Employees making contributions through payroll deduction will see the charitable benefits amount appear on their T4 or employment record forms required to submit income tax.
- Employer matching demonstrates your support for your employees’ charitable interests. Your gift positions your organization as a responsible corporate citizen, and makes you eligible for a charitable tax receipt.
- Volunteer grants reward and encourage your staff’s volunteer services by making a donation in recognition of their volunteer efforts based on the number of hours volunteered.
- Volunteer opportunities are available for your staff as the Foundation relies on volunteers for a number of events throughout the year. The gift of time complements your corporate donations, and demonstrates community involvement to your customers and employees. **With COVID-19 continuing to impact events, volunteer opportunities are limited. To volunteer at one of the Foundation’s signature events, Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba Golf Tournament or Ice Crystal Gala, please email Angela Caron at email@example.com
- Internal fundraisers create a fun environment and builds team spirit through activities such as company picnics, casual Fridays, golf tournaments and staff parties.
Contact us to find out how to get your company involved today.
Engage your customers
Cause related marketing is a partnership between an organization and the Children’s Hospital Foundation. Your business can make an impact for sick and injured kids! The Foundation is grateful for the amazing partners that donate proceeds from goods or services to support children in hospital. Whether you have a big business, a small bricks and mortar shop or offer artisan creations through social media, you can give your customers extra incentive to engage by supporting the best care possible for kids in your community.
- Sales events: donate a portion of proceeds to the cause
- Round-ups: give patrons the opportunity to “round up” their purchases with a donation to our Foundation
Contact Paula Kreitz at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss partnering with the Foundation.