Securities and Mutual Funds
If you own publicly traded stocks or mutual funds and they have grown in value, you will be taxed on their capital gains when the securities are sold. By donating those securities directly to The Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba, you can reduce your taxes and make a significant gift at the same time.
A donation receipt is issued for the fair market value of the security at day’s end on the date of transfer. You must have your broker transfer the securities to The Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba. The gift will not qualify for the elimination of capital gains tax if the securities are sold and the cash then gifted to the Foundation.
The Benefits to You:
- Opportunity – An opportunity to make a significant gift
- Tax Advantages – Eliminates the tax on capital gains.
- Simple and Convenient – Securities are easy to transfer. We provide the forms and directions so that your broker can transfer the shares electronically from your brokerage account to The Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba.
- Recognition – Your gift can be honoured during your lifetime, should you wish.
- Securities and Mutual Fund Transfer Form (PDF, 106 KB)
To discuss the Planned Giving option best for you,
please call us at (204) 787-4400 or email email@example.com.
Please Seek Expert Advice: The Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba recommends strongly that you seek professional advice to ensure your financial goals are considered, your tax situation is reviewed and your planned gift is tailored to your circumstances.