A Gift in your Will
A gift in a will is a meaningful way to reduce your taxes, increase inheritances to your loved ones and make a difference to The Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba. Many Canadians support charitable organizations through future gifts from their estates. A gift in a will is a direction that instructs your Executor(s)/Trustee(s) to leave one or more of your assets to a charitable organization.
The Benefits to You:
- Convenient – A gift in a will can be made at any age and for any amount.
- Simple – A gift in a will is easy to arrange. Simply instruct your lawyer to include a gift in your will to The Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba.
- Cost-effective – There are no extra out-of-pocket costs. Your present income will not decrease.
- Tax Relief – A gift in a will is a highly effective way to reduce estate taxes.
- Tax Planning – The Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba will issue a charitable tax receipt to your estate for the full value of your will gift. This receipt will be used to reduce the tax payable on your final tax return. If your will gift exceeds 100% of your net income, the excess may be carried back to the previous tax year.
- Flexible – Your will gift can be designated as a specific amount, a percentage of your estate or the residue.
- Control – You retain use of the charitable gift asset for the duration of your lifetime.
- Peace of Mind – You may change your will at any time.
- Satisfaction – Planned gifts are made for personal reasons in addition to ensuring that The Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba continues its commitment to child health. As well, a gift in your will can create a lasting memorial for you, your family or anyone you may wish to honour.
For the greatest flexibility in meeting urgent needs, The Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba prefers gifts in wills to be unrestricted. If you wish to designate your gift, however, please discuss your intended designation with The Children’s Hospital Foundation representatives to ensure that the gift can be used as you intend.
To discuss the Planned Giving option best for you,
please call us at (204) 787-4400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Seek Expert Advice: The Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba recommends strongly that you seek professional advice to ensure your financial goals are considered, your tax situation is reviewed and your planned gift is tailored to your circumstances.