You Can Help Us Help Children
The Children’s Hospital Foundation is making a real difference in the lives of sick children. With your support, we can do more.
The Children’s Hospital Guild of Manitoba is committed to the betterment of the health care received by children. Our members have made a substantial and important impact on our community. Today, the Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba is very fortunate to have the support of the Guild, whose members work tirelessly to support our cause.
We currently have over 100 members. Of these, 35 are Quarter-Century Club members, having dedicated 25 years or more to the work of the Guild. View the Guild General By-Law No. 1.
- On 8 April 1990, in honour of their outstanding contribution, the Guilds and Alumni Association of the Children’s Hospital were the proud recipient of the Teddy Awards for Builders.
- The 5 Guilds of Guild Council were the first recipients of the Manitoba Premier’s Volunteer Service Award in 1998 for their ongoing support and dedication to the Children’s Hospital. The Guild Council was nominated for this award by the Foundation, and were chosen from 35 other nominees as the inaugural recipients of this award.
- Recipient of the 2019 Manitoba Philanthropy Award for Outstanding Service Group by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Manitoba Chapter
Our fundraising projects have been many and varied over the years and are always fun. Current guild activities are:
- The Bear Essentials Dinner and Fashion Show
- The Nearly New Shop – 961 Portage Ave. (204) 772-3629
- The Children’s Hospital Guild Gift Shop
- The Children’s Hospital Book Market
- Volunteering at the Annual Teddy Bears’ Picnic
- Sew4Kids Group
- Bake and Trinket Sales
- Craft Night
We try to tailor our projects to reflect the realities of today’s world where family, work and other commitments are already very demanding. And we can tell you from experience that when you have made the effort, the results are rewarding.
You don’t have to do everything, but every little bit helps.